Click HERE to apply to Swords
Click HERE to apply to Balbriggan
This is an exciting and new qualification for Early Childhood Care and Education in Ireland. Be one of the first to graduate with this new recognised award for working in the childcare sectore.
The course is structured to provide students with a high standard of training and assessment leading to a recognised qualification . The course also provides students with the opportunity to pursue further or higher education and employment.
- Leaving Certificate or
- Leaving Certificate Applied or
- Other major award equivalent to level 4 on the National Framework of Qualifications
English Language Requirement– B2 Certificate for those whose first language is not English
Prospective Learners will be expected to demonstrate;
- a desire to work in the early learning care sector
- an ability to act with responsibility and autonomy
- an ability to take responsibility for their own learning and while under supervision
ELC- Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care
Part-time course over two years.
Work Experience Placement
Work experience is a core element of this programme. Students will be required to complete 150 hours of work experience throughout the course, which they will be required to organise themselves.
All students need to be Garda Vetted for this course, which will be processed through the Adult Education Service.
This course is funded under BTEI funding. In order to be eligible, applicants must be;
- An Early School leaver, and/or
- In receipt of a Social Welfare Payment or
- Have a GP or Medical Card
- Students can pay a fee if they are not eligible for funding
- Signing for Credits
This course takes place in Balbriggan and Swords.