Click here to apply for Balbriggan Location via fetchcourses.ie
Click here to apply for Swords Location via fetachcourses.ie
This is a new course offered by the Adult Education Service. It is designed to equip students with the relevant skills to work in the Hotel and Catering Service Industry, specifically in a front of house role.
Successful completion of the course will enable students to seek work in an office environment and/or the opportunity to progress on to Office Administration Level 5.
To ensure that you are offered a place on a course which is at the right level for you and appropriate to your learning needs all applicants are assessed prior to placement on the course. A high level of English language and IT skills are required for the course.
QQI level 4 Hotel Front Office 4M2015
Proposed Time Table
|Communications / ESOL B2 4N0689||Sept. -June|
|Personal & Interpersonal Development 4N1131||Sept. – Jan|
|Customer Service 4N1989||Sept. – Jan|
|Hotel Front Office Operations 4N0623||Feb. – June|
|Work Experience 4N1168||Feb. – June|
|Tourism Principles & Practice 5N2078||Feb. -June|
*Timetable subject to change depending on Teacher availability and required minimum numbers for modules
- The course is three or four days a week depending on the number of modules you choose to take
- Classes are generally scheduled between 9:30am and 2:45pm.
- Depending on your availability, you may be able to commit to more or less days.
- Choice: You can choose to complete the course over 1 year or over a longer duration once its within a 5 year time period from commencing the course
- There is an 80% class attendance requirement.
What is a full award?
A full award means completing 8-9 modules. These modules can be completed in 1-5 years depending on your availability, your skills level and scheduling.
Click on image below
Work Experience Placement
Work experience is a core element of this award. Students will be required to complete 60 hours of work experience throughout the course, which they organise themselves.
This course is funded under the Back to Education Initiative (BTEI). To be eligible, applicants must:
- be an early school leaver, and/or
- be in receipt of a Social Protection payment, and/or
- have a GP or Medical Card
- Signing for Credits
This course takes place in Balbriggan and Swords.
*Please note not all electives are available each term and are subject to minimum numbers forming a class group