Applications now open for September 2021. Click on image to apply through www.fetchcourses.ie
This is an exciting and new qualification for Early Childhood Care and Education in Ireland. Be one of the first to graduate with this new recognised award for working in the childcare sectore.
The course is structured to provide students with a high standard of training and assessment leading to a recognised qualification . The course also provides students with the opportunity to pursue further or higher education and employment.
- Leaving Certificate or
- Leaving Certificate Applied or
- Other major award equivalent to level 4 on the National Framework of Qualifications
English Language Requirement– B2 Certificate for those whose first language is not English
Prospective Learners will be expected to demonstrate;
- a desire to work in the early learning care sector
- an ability to act with responsibility and autonomy
- an ability to take responsibility for their own learning and while under supervision
ELC- Level 5 Certificate in Early Learning and Care
This course is full-time over one year, four days in class and one-day work experience placement. Start times are 9:15 and finish times 14:30 approximately, Monday to Friday.
Work Experience Placement
Work experience is a core element of this programme. Students will be required to complete 150 hours of work experience throughout the course, which they will be required to organise themselves.
All students need to be Garda Vetted for this course, which will be processed through the Adult Education Service.
This course is funded under VTOS funding. In order to be eligible, applicants must be:
- 21 or over the first day the course starts
- in receipt of a Social Protection Payment for 6 months (156 days) immediately prior to starting the course. Please see the VTOS ‘Am I Eligible?’ section of FAQs for a list of qualifying social protection payments.
This course takes place in Balbriggan.